I remember...

I remember the good old days!  I mean yeah I am 50 years old, so not like that it was that long ago; but today's world makes it seem that it was many years more than it has been.

I remember learning to sew from my grandmother while sitting under her treadle machine, and she would let us work the foot pedal for her of course at the right speed!

Today I am not sure any child would know how to plug in a sewing machine.

I remember the creek my sister and I played in when we were young.  It had a split and made an island for us, and man did the pirates do a lot back there.  We could only access it by a fallen tree and it was amazing!

Today I am not sure if that creek is contaminated or not.

I remember my mother or my grandmother making me and my sister lunch and dinner every day. It was never a microwaved meal or fast food.

Today, well yeah I use the microwave a lot.  But not fast food.  I cook.  But can kids today cook something on a stove?

I remember playing outside until dark!

Today I don't want to go out after dusk, or well really any other time due to not trusting people any longer.

I remember going to school unafraid.

Today how does anyone with children send them off every morning not knowing if at the end of the day they will be coming home or not.

I remember 4 t.v. channels!

Today I curse there isn't anything on with over 125 channels!  Ugh.

I remember having a party line for our phone and having to wait for the neighbor to get off the phone, if they did.

Now 5 year old's have iPhones!  I don't have an iPhone!

You get the gist.  Things have changed so much, some days I ask how.  How did this happen!  I know my health has changed, my priorities and my life goals.  But still I wonder what tomorrow brings.

I am thankful for the day I am in, and more so for the next one given.  I wish to stop worrying over tomorrow in case it does not come.  It can all change in the blink of an eye.  Taking time to appreciate the now and here are the most important.  Meetings can wait, appointments can be changed; but lives can not change yesterday and we have to be thankful we had that day and the ones before. For this I say live for today, remember the good old days, pray for the next days to come and appreciate what it is in front of you every day.

December is the month to remember, appreciate and yes give thanks.  Today I am thankful.

Be good to yourselves, love all, hug often and hold on just a little longer.

Have a great week.  Be creative and Ill be back soon!

T

Comments

  1. I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HEPATITIS B
      I’m Stephanie Brown, I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B 4 years ago, I lived in pain with the knowledge that I wasn't going to ever be well again. I have used several antiviral medications, but this could not fight the virus of me rather I got side effects of fever, muscle and joint pain. After  spending so much money on antiviral drugs but I never get better. I made research on the internet for herbal medicine. AS I was determined to get my lifestyle back and to be able to do things I am restricted from doing, I saw a lady’s post on how Herbal Dr. JAMES cured her of HIV with his herbal mix medicine. I contacted the same Doctor through his email....Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com....we spoke, I told him all that I have been going through, and he told me not to worry that everything will be better again, so he prepared his herbal mix medicine and sent it to me through DHL courier company and told me the usage, after 21 days of completing the herbal medicine, I was totally free from Hepatitis B, I went to see a doctor for a blood test, After taking a sample of my blood for the test the result came out negative, I just can’t deny that I’m the happiest woman on earth this very moment, I’m so happy and thanks to Herbal Doctor JAMES,He also told me he cures  diseases   such as Alzheimer's disease, schizophrenia, Autism. Bipolar disorder,  Shingles, Melasma, Underactive thyroid, Melanoma, Cancer, Weak Erection, Wart Remover, HPV, Herpes, Fibromyalgia, HIV, Hepatitis b,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, Epilepsy, Fibroid, Diabetes, COPD, Back pain, Nephrotic syndrome, Infertility. Cardiovascular diseases. Lung diseases, Thyroid disorders, PCOS,Contact him on his email and get rid of your diseases, he is a good  man  Email....Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts