Back at it!



FINALLY!

I am back to sewing! I have NOT done anything since before Christmas, just had too many other things to get done which are not done either. But, tonight I went down took my Brother PQ1500 SL off my frame and put it on the new sewing table that was built for me! OH MY GARSH! That thing hauls ass!

Having to rethink my whole design wall issue as well, It did not do what I wanted and I thought I could cheat it out and get away with it, but alas it did not work out the way I wanted, so a trip to the lumber yard is in the future, it works for now, but I fear it is going to come off the wall with all that I have up on it at the moment, which are just some projects I have done already and need to quilt or applique and just don't feel like doing it.

I started a project Linus quilt with strips, FROM BENARTEX the wholesaler NOT Ruby Tuesday! AND THEY HAVE ELBOWS in them. Not happy over that! I can cut my own from now on. But in their defense they are batik and those are hard to get straight cuts on unless you iron everything before your cut it. Not sure about the cotton ones as I have not... wait! Yes, I have used a cotton from them and it was straight! So it is the Batik, I know from my own cutting of these with a die they get elbows! And I hate pinked edges I have decided they are just a pain in the ass for sure, they won't line up the want to drift and well I am covered in lint!

I have my other fabric ordered from Project Linus and have found the batting I need with a supplier I have and will just order it all at once, I think it will be less shipping as they have some fabrics I want for the store as well.

It does feel good to finally feel well enough to get back into my studio. With that whole stomach thing I did not want to cut any orders to ship until I was 100% sure, I could not pass that stuff along to anyone, so I have made visits to the studio just to look and then come back up or to get a box or something I needed. SEEEEEW Once I get the cutting table cleared I will get those orders cut and out on Monday!!!!!

Don't forget to check out the store at http//:haverislanddesign.com Even though inventory is getting down there, I still have some great deals on fabric and a few other things. I am starting to advertise more on pinterest and some other platforms I have set up. Again keeping the shop open will depend on the tax status - WHICH I HAVE NOT LOOKED AT YET! I just don't want to do it at the moment. Maybe a really snowy day, I know I have to get it done on. But first, I must get things caught up I have til April anyway right - or did that change too?

You Tube is still a no go at the moment, I am still learning the editing software and truthfully I have gained a crap ton of weight and of course the camera adds 10 to 20 pounds more. I don't want to do voice over as I hate those! So I will bite the bullet and get going once I get that design wall done, I seriously fear it will fall on my head, not that it would hurt it is only foam board and quilt tops, but I am sure it will do it when I have my fingers really close to the needle and then well we all know...

Sew that is it. I am back at it!

Don't forget to follow me on pinterest - Haver Island Design You will find a lot of good pins, patterns, and more things I like to do and research as well. Good living, healthy stuff, as well as sewing and crafting.

Red Bubble is my merch store too! All my t's hoodies coffee mugs etc have transferred over there as I was not happy with T spring truthfully.

Fabric will be a decider this week on that. I have some strike offs coming in soon!

Then of course I am on Twitter and Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr etc. I will get all those linked up for you as well. But I think you may be able to get there from here!

Anyway, that's it for tonight I have things to do, music to listen to and well sewing of course. I have my desk up stairs now so I have to take breaks to get things up and questions answered.

Have a good one!

T

Comments

Popular Posts