It's Been a while...



HELLO!

Yes, It has been a bit since my last post, just so much happening and going on that I have not taken the time to write anything at all.

First, you just have to be in the right frame of mind - which I have not been. Medication changes and such have just made me so dang tired I want to just sleep all the time, but alas I can not Freakin' Insomnia bites me in the ass so often I usually am up for hours just staring off into space. It is part of my life for sure. THEN that damn bacterial infection I had no idea I had was truly kicking my ass too. THAT THANKFULLY IS OVER - talked with the Depart of Health yesterday and found it may take months for all the dead cells to leave my body due to my immune suppression therapy so there is that.

As for me at this point I am doing well as can be expected. I take my time, I rest, I chill, and I just exist from day to day. Best I can do.

As for business, well that is up in the air. I have to do business taxes and see where I am on that end, if it is as bad as I think it may be due to changes to small business deductions I may have to close my online store completely. What does this mean?

It means, I will no longer have Haver Island Design as an option for purchasing fabric since the taxes have changed so much. My only other option would be to increase pricing, which makes me no different from all the other online stores that exist now. I plan to make the decision this weekend for sure, as I just received my 1099-K statement for taxes and internet sales. There were a great deal of changes for those of us who sell online only, and they are not good for anyone. We will see.

I do have a lot of items on order and I will take orders for those but most likely through pay pal only option and show what there is on the QPI banner or announcements. Which truly is a pain to do.

I do have my online merchandise I am working on as well, but am in a quandary over this as well, as it is subject to the same new rules affecting all small businesses. Which truly upsets me, as we try to make things affordable and then we have to pay the price in the end, making a non profitable entity; thus making it too expensive to continue.

So there is the update as of today. You Tube will be up and running soon though, I am awaiting the arrival of my editing software as the one on my computer is not compatible with the format now being used in 2019 for You Tube - Imagine THAT! Much like having to purchase Microsoft Office for ANY new computer over it being part of the programming included. YEP money money MONEY is what the end says.

Hoping you all have a creative weekend, as I will be doing taxes.

Peace.

T

Comments

Popular Posts