Quilting with Precuts and Feeling the pain after!

Pre cuts - the fabric of my life it seems.  I do love them, as I do panels too.  I have a lot of yardage that could be and most likely will be converted over the precuts here soon.  If it does not sell out, I have a Sizzix quilting pro which I have all the dies for pre cuts for sure.  

It is getting the energy to cut them all out.  Not that the machine is difficult to use or anything like that, but the process is very time consuming with a lot of standing at the moment for me and well I just don't have that kind of energy to do it.  

It sucks!  

I know I know I know I am healing and getting ready for a possible major heart surgery here soon in the next few months.  

But seriously this has been the worst I have felt after any surgery, it is just taking too long to come back to "normal" well what is my normal.  I feel every bump, bruise and step it seems. 

I am not happy at the moment.

All the med changes do not help either for sure.  I go off a few of them next month or the end of this month etc., it is just a never ending saga it seems!

I did get to sew the other day, and sat for too long and woke the next day sore. I am working on a few jelly rolls I had left over from the store that just did not sell, and at first I did not like them; Laurel Burch - but now that I am putting them together they are very festive and beachy so I am thinking a light quilt for my sister in Florida with them.  I think it will go over well for her Birthday!  Now to just get them all pressed and sewn and cut and then sewn again.  I did not think about jelly roll race for them.  I am doing a strip tube pattern.

I have also ordered some items from other vendors such as Connecting threads, which I love their thread, but had not ever used the fabric they sell.  So I will let you all know the difference in those as well.  I think the one set of 1/2 layer cake is odd fabric at the moment but it is 100% American made cotton and solid so that may  be the difference in it.  I have a print coming in layer cake and jelly roll as well I bought direct from their site and the 1/2 layer came from Amazon, but it says it is from CT.  We will see.  

OH!  I have a new machine coming today too!  A singer!  I will let you all know how I feel about that as well.  I will do a you tube video on that.  And maybe one on the fabrics I have bought as well.  I want to see how they stack up to "Brand Name" quilt shop quality products.  I think they are thicker to be truthful.

On the YOU TUBE front I have not uploaded or filmed anything due to how I look at the moment, I just look puffy and sickly I think, as well I have CREST and it causes these read spots to show up on me that never go away from stresses in my life, so I can count how many truly stressful things I have been through thus far there are a lot of them.  I even considered a men's make up line to cover them all up, but then that is just fake to me and not truthful to who I am truly.

I am not into the fake shit for sure.  I watch You Tube daily.  Truthfully who gives a rats ass about how you get ready in the morning or go to bed for God's sake!  Seriously and these people are pretty too men and women and they have millions of views of this crap.  I saw one that was about live birth of their child EWWWWWW  really!  I did not watch it.   

The quilting ones are old as well I am having a hard time finding new and up to date relative videos of late.  So Maybe that is my niche to go to.  Doing the reviews of thread, machines and other sewing related item.  I am NOT a pattern person I just can not follow them so that is a BIG FAT NO on that front! 

Sew back to pre cuts.  They are named differently for each company I am noticing now too.  I was like what the hell is a pie wedge, well it is a folded set of fat quarters too look like a piece of pie!  REAAAALLLY!  Then not all call them layer cakes either, I have seen so many names for them I am not going into that.  They are 10 inch squares with fancy names to get you to say ewww something new I must have, it is a quilter thing I swear!

I may not demo or try out new gadgets as some of them I am like really I can do that with a square and just mark it for that project.  

AND I SWEAR who ever came up with 2 and 7/8ths I do not like at all.  Just make it 3 freaking inches damn, make my life more difficult!

Okay that rant is over, but really...  come on now.  

And as for those 1/4 inch feet.  I have to say my PQ1500 Long shank one is AMAZING!  OMG! I love that thing well I love the machine too it hauls ass for sure.  But is only straight stitch too, so it is usually on my Grace SR2 frame as my mid arm but I have had it off since I can not stand long enough to quilt anything at the moment, and I am using it on the jelly rolls holy hell's bells it flies!  I love and it is so accurate, way more than any of my other machines, we will see about this new singer that comes today at some point.  I got it for the stitch options I think like 900 but that includes 5 fonts sets too I think.  We will see on that one as well!  I hope it fits well in the hole I made in my cabinet for my 1500! 

Okay this is a long blog post I know.  I am sitting here printing orders not paying attention.

I hope you all have a happy, healthy and creative day today.  I am hoping too.  Well, I am cutting orders to send out tomorrow so it will be productive I think

Til next time.
T

Comments

Popular Posts