Quilting Mends the Soul - One of those days or Nights in my case



Have you had one of those nights that literally turns into a day? I do all to frequently.

I went to bed last night thinking, okay this is it, I am going to sleep right after I go to bed. NOPE! Up til 0700 and finally took something to make me sleep, it was my last resort; I just could not fall asleep! This is something I do all to often, and it is getting old!

I did do a few things that I thought were safe to do, since I was so tired. But truthfully I just did not feel like doing anything productive, since I had dome so much the day before. I wanted to write, but did not feel like sitting at my desk for that long, however it may have helped if I had. At times writing and getting things out of your head, does help to turn your brain off.

I still have not found the off switch to my brain yet. You would think there would be one!

I just could not get the dumb things out of my head, like "Oh if I did this this way, then it would look like that, but then I have to do this"... Yeah one of those night's not even reading would get me to sleep. So I just stayed up, rested at least so that is good.

Even if we can not sleep we still need to rest, just do nothing. Think, get it all out of our heads. Stop the what if's and move on. So that is what I did.

I knew I had orders to process, however my printer did a little thing the other day, and I just did not feel like trying to figure it out at 0300. Was not worth, so I sit here writing now, trying to get it to do what it is supposed to do. But I think it just needs a good cleaning so I am letting it do that, a deep cleaning!

After all is said and done, do we need to do something when we are restless and can not sleep?

NO!

Absolutely not, do not feel guilty. You need to rest at times, and that does not always mean sleep, just let your body and mind relax and separate from the outside world.

Well, ain't that the cat's tail under the rocker. A piece of paper was stuck in the printer this whole time, and it never said there was a paper jam! Hmph!

So now That all those thoughts in my head are taken care of today, I did errands. I had clothes to donate, a vehicle to drop off for work estimate, and Lowe's things to do, even went to Gordon's. And now I am getting orders printed, I am hoping to night will be a better night for me as those thoughts are just out of my head!

It is crazy how the most mundane of things can niggle at the back of your brain and just make you nuts at times. Getting the little things off your to do list, can and will make a big difference in your every day life. It helps with the feeling of accomplishment, it helps to get you organized, and in my case helps to stop all those annoying things bouncing around like baby goats in my head!

Until next time take care, today was just one of those days. I hope to sleep well tonight whether I accomplish anything else or not.

T

Comments

Popular Posts